Monday, May 20, 2013

The Next Mile

  The next mile is going to be a very rough one. We found out this morning that my Y gene deletion is of the B and C types. With the diagnosis that the deletion is B type this means that I am officially sterile, and I don't have the gene's necessary to produce swimmer proteins. Nothing else medically is wrong or different about me, which is a relief. Having the physical exam so close after being told you can't father was odd, and I am sure will be discussed here later, after the shock has worn off.
   We're both numb right now. I'm just trying to get through the work day without breaking down. That is today's goal.
   Thank you to all those that reached out and have been reading. Days like today are when this matters the most.
   On to the harder/hardest miles.

No comments: