Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mr. Hyde

  I am not pleased with people who are successful breeders this week. I am finding it hard to be happy for people who are pregnant. I'm finding it a challenge to see pictures of people's children on Facebook and not go into a jealous rage. One school friend on Facebook has four beautiful sons, and I found myself angry at him today. There isn't much I wouldn't do to have just one of what he has. What a selfish jerk.
  These are the thoughts of a mad man. These are the thoughts that roll through my head as I sit up late at night, or in the moments when we celebrate a birth at work, or when I hear another pregnancy announcement. When a group of my friends or co-workers are sitting around talking about their children, knowingly laughing about lack of sleep, diapers, funny toddler behavior, I want to scream at the top of my lungs: YOU ARE FUCKING KILLING ME!!
  But I can't. I shouldn't. I don't need to. I need to remember at those moments that we will have our baby. We will know those feelings they have. I will see Shannon pregnant, and get to feel kicks from her belly.
  I need to tell Mr. Hyde that he is not welcome.
  

1 comment:

Uncle Jack said...

Sean, I am sure you WILL make a great father and that Shannon will make a great mother. That said, there are a lot of different ways to do that. A friend of mine found himself in a very similar situation as you. They tried a lot of different things but they could not get pregnant. Ultimately they traveled overseas numerous times and adopted 2 beautiful girls. In this situation God had other plans. There were 2 little girls in an orphanage out there that needed a family. He is more of a father to them then some guys I know who have biological children. You both are in my prayers